Griffin Learner Profile
At RJMES, all learners, adult and child alike, are expected to demonstrate SOAR behaviors:
At RJMES, all learners, adult and child alike, are encouraged to be:
- Inquirers. They develop their natural curiosity. They acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning.
- Knowledgeable. They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance.
- Thinkers. They apply thinking skills critically and creatively to approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions. They contribute to discussions meaningfully and don’t shy away from challenging questions.
- Communicators. They understand and express information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. They work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
- Principled. They act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for all. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them
- Open-minded. They understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities.
- Caring. They show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others and the environment.
- Risk-takers. They approach unfamiliar situations with courage; explore new roles, ideas and strategies with independence; and defend their beliefs bravely and articulately.
- Balanced. They understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance.
- Reflective. They give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience and are able to articulate what and how they learn.
- Our School
- General Info
- Meet Our Staff
- School Site Council
- Breakfast & Lunch Information